This international clinical trial is evaluating the efficacy and safety of a drug to determine whether it can delay the progression of symptoms associated with early Alzheimer's disease.
To be eligible to participate in this study, you must:
- Be between 55 and 85 years old (included)
- Have early-stage Alzheimer's disease, without being excessively restricted by memory problems in daily life
- Have a partner or significant other who can be present during visits and provide information about the participant's health
The Evoke/Evoke+ study lasts approximately 3 years with 17 visits (1 visit approximately every 3 months) to one of the participating Memory Centres (Geneva, Lausanne, St. Gallen or Biel) and includes
- memory tests and questionnaires
- blood samples
- an electrocardiogram
- physical and neurological examinations
- an MRI of the brain
- a medical examination of your choice to test for a protein involved in Alzheimer's disease (amyloid)
Participants will receive either the study drug (one of two) or a placebo daily in oral form.
On request, the results of the various tests can be forwarded to the treating physician.
All data will be treated confidentially.
Compensation: Travel and food expenses for the participant and his/her companion
The study requires participants who meet certain criteria (see above). If you would like to participate in a study but do not meet the Evoke/Evoke+ criteria, you can register with the BHR. You will be contacted as soon as your profile matches a study.